Oven to table + serving dishes
Wheel thrown dark stoneware with translucent white glaze interior. Dishwasher safe. Oven safe. Not for stovetop use.
Although still a weighty stoneware, anything labelled a serving dish is a little lighter in the base than oven to table pieces. If you're after something heavier that will better retain heat from the oven for serving, please consider the oven to table selection.
NOTE: oven to table pieces are ceramic and vulnerable to thermal shock. It is not advisable to move them rapidly through extreme temperatures, or they are likely to crack or break. For example, do not transfer from the fridge or freezer to a hot oven, or from a hot oven into a cold sink. Room temperature into a heated oven and out of the oven on to a heat mat or timber board is ideal. Although I find they conduct heat more evenly and hold on to it for longer, I suggest treating them a bit like you would pyrex. Which also means they will not replace your heavy duty metal roasting trays... I've tested this one for myself :-(.
They're perfect for casseroles, lasagnes, cakes, slices etc.
- Share serving dish 24x5
- Oven to table - large platter 30x3 (please note this is suitable for low temp. heating only as the sides aren't high enough to contain liquids and this is required to avoid breakage)
- Oven to table - fluted pie plates 25x4
- Oven to table - medium 21x6
- 2ND Oven to table - medium low 22x4 (heavier than others at 1.4kg)
- 2ND Oven to table small/cake pan 18x6 (small blemish in clay body has appeared on base, see pic)